Several American connections are aiming their horses at the June 19-23 Royal Ascot meeting this year, and NBC has planned 23 hours of coverage on American television. For the first time, Royal Ascot will be broadcast over the main NBC network on Saturday, June 23.
Trainer Wesley Ward is taking a 10-strong group of contenders overseas, including two-time Royal Ascot winner Lady Aurelia, according to racingpost.com. Additionally, Bill Mott plans to send recent Grade 1 winner Yoshida, and trainer Tim Glyshaw will have his first starter at the meet in 6-year-old Bucchero.
Here is a list of American horses and their respective Royal Ascot aims:
Tuesday, June 19
- Queen Anne (G1) – Yoshida
- Coventry (G2) – Moonlight Romance (possible)
- King's Stand (G1) – Lady Aurelia, Bucchero
Wednesday, June 20
- Queen Mary (G2) – Chelsea Cloisters
- Royal Hunt Cup – Master Marion
- Jersey Girl (G3) – Hemp Hemp Hurray
Thursday, June 21
- Norfolk (G2) – Shang Shang Shang
Friday, June 22
- Albany – Stillwater Cove
Saturday, June 23
- Windsor – Our Passion
- Diamond Jubilee (G1) – Bound For Nowhere
- Wokingham – Undrafted
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2019 Paulick Report.