The University of Arizona's Race Track Industry Program today released the final agenda for the 2018 Global Symposium on Racing to be held Dec. 3-5, 2018, at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort in Tucson, Ariz.
The conference sessions focus on racing's place in the quickly evolving environment of sports and gaming entertainment in the US and abroad. Panels include:
- Integrity in the World of Commercial Sport (a keynote address)
- The Trifecta for a Successful Content Marketing Strategy
- The Blockchain and Cryptocurrency – Coming to a Track Near You?
- Mark Kaufman Workshop presented by the Turf Publicists of America: Legalized Sports Betting Opportunities – How Can the Industry's Marketers Create an Upside for Horse Racing?
- Tools of the Regulatory Trade: Insuring Integrity in Racing
- Tools of the Regulatory Trade: Consistency and Transparency in Racing Regulation
- How Positive Events Focused on the Horse Translate to Positive Returns at the Track
- Sports Betting: Coming to a Jurisdiction Near You
- Sports Betting: A Friend or Foe in the New Era of Sports and Gaming Competition?
- The Value of Supporting Racing's Core Product and Players
- Is it Possible That Horse Racing is One Referendum Away from Disappearing in Your Jurisdiction?
- Past Performances to Take Racing into the Future
On Monday afternoon, December 3, the NTRA is hosting an NHC Handicapping Contest Workshop for tournament directors, as well as racetrack GMs, marketing directors and ADW executives. The two-hour session will cover contest formats, marketing tactics, insurance bonus programs, and other factors that can help drive contest participation and revenue. The workshop is free to registered Symposium attendees who will also receive $500 off a 2019 NHC seat.
Other conference highlights include Steve Byk's radio show live from the Symposium; a prayer breakfast hosted by the Race Track Chaplaincy of America; tote protocol meeting; luncheon and awards presented by the Race Track Industry Program, Racing Officials Accreditation Program and the Turf Publicists of America; receptions every evening as well as a sold-out exhibit area.
For a full description of the panel sessions and invited speakers,
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2020 Paulick Report.