The Breeders' Cup, one of Thoroughbred racing's most prestigious international events, today announced that tickets to the 2020 Breeders' Cup World Championships at Keeneland on November 6 and 7 are now on sale to the general public. In accordance with continuous efforts by the Breeders' Cup to enhance the fan and participant experience, the 2020 event will incorporate several special elements and offerings, including expanded luxury seating spaces and an attendance cap of 45,000. Complementing the world-class Keeneland Race Course, which will host the World Championships for the second time in the event's history following its inaugural year as host in 2015, the developments further distinguish the upcoming Breeders' Cup as an unparalleled luxury lifestyle experience showcasing the best in horse racing, entertainment and hospitality.
To review seating options and purchase tickets online, fans can visit BreedersCup.com/Tickets now.
“We eagerly anticipate returning to Lexington for the 37th running of the Breeders' Cup World Championships,” said Drew Fleming, President and CEO of Breeders' Cup. “In collaboration with our partners at Keeneland, we've been hard at work to ensure that the upcoming event is the best in Breeders' Cup history, showcasing world-class Thoroughbred racing which will be conducted at the highest levels of safety and integrity. We look forward to unveiling this exemplary World Championships experience to longtime racing enthusiasts and new fans alike in November.”
The 2020 event will feature over $10.5 million of enhancements to the venue's luxury seating areas, including the addition of temporary chalets and lounges. Ticketing options include:
- A new seating area for 2020, the Silks Lawn Chalet is a 50,000-square-foot, glassed-in and climate-controlled chalet -situated in the clubhouse turn that includes reserved seating, dedicated mutuel tellers, private buffet and restrooms. Single-day tickets are available for $265 per person on Friday and $385 per person on Saturday, while two-day packages are available for $650 per person.
- The Saddling Paddock Chalet offers unbeatable views of the Championship contenders as they circle the saddling paddock before each race, as well as private buffet dining and access to the apron to view live racing. Two-day packages are available at $1,325 per seat.
- The Trackside Chalet Dining offers interior climate-controlled dining situated in the clubhouse turn. Guests will enjoy private buffet and dedicated mutuel tellers along with access to the rail to view live racing. Two-day packages are available at $1,350 per seat.
- The Keene Barn and Entertainment Center is one of Keeneland's most popular venues, offering a private buffet, mutuel tellers, live entertainment and premium cash bar in a climate-controlled environment. There is no track view or access from this venue. Single-day seats are available for $190 on Friday and $210 on Saturday. Two-day packages are also available for $400 per person.
- Sales Pavilion Dining, where guests can enjoy private dining with a buffet, premium cash bar, restrooms and mutuel tellers, includes views of the exciting races from the track apron on the first floor of the Grandstand area. Friday tickets are available for $205 per person, and Saturday tickets are available for $350 per person. Two-day packages can be purchased for $555 per person.
- Grandstand Reserved Seating, which offers stadium-style reserved seating on the third floor of the Grandstand, situated between the 16th pole and finish line, with convenient access to mutuel tellers, concessions, bars and restrooms. Two-day packages are available for $500 per seat.
- Clubhouse Reserved Seating, which offers stadium-style reserved seating on the third floor of the Clubhouse, boasts excellent views of the races, convenient access to mutuel tellers, concessions, bars, restrooms and more. Two-day packages are available for $750 per seat.
- Six options for General Admission tickets – the Clubhouse General Admission, the Stretch Run Package, General Admission (Grandstand Access), Sports Bar, Mezzanine Bar and The Hill (tailgate lot with no track access) – are available now starting at $40 per pass.
- Fans looking for all-inclusive ticket, travel and hospitality packages can secure one through BreedersCupExperiences.com. Breeders' Cup Experiences offers packages that combine a race ticket with premium hospitality access, exclusive extras at the track and travel and lodging accommodations.
The 37th running of the Breeders' Cup World Championships, which takes place on Friday, November 6 and Saturday, November 7, 2020, will be televised live by NBC Sports Group.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2020 Paulick Report.