A small barn fire at Belmont Park caused no injuries on Thursday evening, according to the Daily Racing Form.
Inside a tack room in a barn mostly occupied by Michelle Nevin trainees, an electric heater was the source of the fire. Equipment had been placed too close to the heater, which sparked the fire, reported Glen Kozak, the New York Racing Association's vice president of facilities/racing surfaces. Sprinklers put out the fire before the fire department arrived.
“No horses were moved, no horses were hurt,” Kozak said. “We were lucky, it was a very minor event with minimal damage.”
Read more at the Daily Racing Form.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2020 Paulick Report.