Keeneland fans can follow Fall Meet racing during the 17-day Fall Meet, Oct. 2-24, via more outlets than ever, including live broadcasts on NBC and TVG, as well as via Keeneland.com, radio and expanded behind-the-scenes coverage through Keeneland's social media channels.
NBC Sports will be at Keeneland during the Fall Meet's opening Fall Stars Weekend. On Saturday, Oct. 3, NBC Sports will feature live coverage of the $1 million Shadwell Turf Mile (G1) and Claiborne Breeders' Futurity (G1) from 5-6 p.m. ET. On Sunday, Oct. 4, NBC will air live the Juddmonte Spinster (G1) and Dixiana Bourbon (G3) from 5-6 p.m. All four races are part of the Breeders' Cup “Win and You're In” Challenge series whereby the winner earns an automatic berth into the 2015 Breeders' Cup World Championships on Oct. 30-31 at Keeneland.
The Shadwell Turf Mile, Keeneland's signature $1 million Fall Meet race, highlights Fall Stars Weekend, which features nine graded stakes races worth $3.7 million. As always, the track will stream live racing video on Keeneland.com, allowing fans to watch the races at no cost. Online patrons can participate in live chats and handicapping analysis hosted by Jeremy Plonk, Caton Bredar and the Horse Player NOW team.
Keeneland fans can access the Trakus race feeds showing replays in various animated formats using the patented, real-time technology and sign up for Trakus mobile alerts via Keeneland.com/racing/trakus.
TVG provides daily Keeneland racing coverage
The horse racing channel TVG will air comprehensive live coverage of Keeneland each race day beginning at 1 p.m. during the Fall Meet. Post time for the first race is 1:05 p.m. daily.
Throughout the season, additional TVG coverage will air on FOX Sports affiliates, including FSN Prime Ticket, Fox Sports Ohio, FOX Sports San Diego, SportSouth and Sun Sports-Florida. Included in the additional coverage will be the Shadwell Turf Mile on Oct. 3, Juddmonte Spinster on Oct 4, Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup Presented by Lane's End (G1) on Oct. 10 and Lexus Raven Run (G2) on Oct. 17. Broadcast times for each station can be found here.
Keeneland on the Radio
Horse Racing Radio Network, the Eclipse Award-winning broadcast organization, will provide live coverage of Keeneland, including:
· Oct. 2 (4:30 p.m. ET) – Darley Alcibiades (G1) and Stoll Keenon Ogden Phoenix (G3).
· Oct. 3 (8 a.m.) – Equine Forum.
· Oct. 3 (4 p.m.) – Shadwell Turf Mile, Claiborne Breeders' Futurity and Thoroughbred Club of America (G2).
· Oct. 4 (5 p.m.) – Juddmonte Spinster and Dixiana Bourbon.
· Oct. 7 (4 p.m.) – JPMorgan Chase Jessamine (G3).
· Oct. 10 (8 a.m.) – Equine Forum.
· Oct. 10 (5 p.m.) – Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup Presented by Lane's End.
· Oct. 17 (8 a.m.) – Equine Forum.
· Oct. 17 (5 p.m.) – Lexus Raven Run.
· Oct. 24 (8 a.m.) – Equine Forum.
All Horse Racing Radio Network coverage airs locally on WLXO 96.1 FM in Lexington and via live streaming on the HRRN website, www.horseracingradio.net. Broadcast times subject to change.
The “Kentucky Winner's Circle” hosted by E.J. Clark, will air live from Keeneland on Friday, Oct. 2 and 9, from 2-4 p.m., and Saturday, Oct. 3, 10 and 24, from 3-5 p.m. in the Louisville radio market. The Friday shows will be broadcast on WXVW The Sports Buzz 1450 AM and streamed live on 1450thesportsbuzz.com, while the Saturday shows will air on WKJK Talk Radio 1080 AM and be streamed live on 790krd.com and iHeartRadio.
Keeneland Magazine on TV
Keeneland Magazine on TV, which will air on The CW Lexington on Thursday, Oct. 1 from 10:30-11 p.m., chronicles stories that showcase Central Kentucky that are featured in the print edition of Keeneland Magazine. This fall's stories include:
· “Full Plate: Keeneland Hospitality seeks to raise the bar on food service while honoring fan favorites.”
· “Hometown Hospitality: Keeneland, Lexington go above and beyond for Breeders' Cup.”
· “Project Pink: Horses and Hope seeks to increase breast cancer awareness, screening.
· “Quiet Achievement: Land the foundation of classic success for Shadwell Farm.”
Keeneland Magazine on TV also can be viewed at Keeneland.com/discover/keeneland-magazine-tv. Archived stories also are available.
Stay Connected During Fall Meet
Keeneland will connect with fans via a multitude of online and mobile platforms, including the popular Periscope and Snapchat.
Fans also can follow all the fun and excitement of the race day via Keeneland's social media channels, which offer live news and video, behind-the-scenes views, real-time Paddock updates, details on race-day promotions and more. Follow Keeneland on Twitter (@keenelandracing), Facebook (Facebook.com/Keeneland), YouTube (Keenelandfan), Pinterest (Pinterest.com/Keeneland), Instagram (Instagram.com/Keeneland), Periscope (@keenelandracing) and Snapchat (keenelandracing). Keeneland also has a mobile site and Race Day app for smartphone users.
Keeneland Race Day App
Keeneland's popular Race Day app gives fans up-to-the-minute information such as entries, scratches, changes, real-time results, payouts, expert picks and a betting calculator. Features for the Fall Meet include:
· Live streaming video of Keeneland races.
· Race-day promotion including free general admission on Wednesdays and Thursday and a 2-for-1 Grandstand reserve seating upgrade.
· Real-time handicapper picks from @keenelandracing. Tweets appear at the bottom of the corresponding race.
· Results and next-race updates available in the notification center and via push notifications for anyone who opts in.
· Biographies of leading Keeneland trainers and jockeys.
· Logo indicating horses that are Keeneland sales graduates.
· Maps of Keeneland, including a feature which enables you to share your location with friends, search for food options and get driving directions to Keeneland.
· Calendar of upcoming events.
Fans can find more information on the app at Keeneland.com/racing/app. Download the free app in iTunes or Google.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2020 Paulick Report.