On July 5, the Louisiana Racing Commission granted approval of the transfer of six turf stakes from Evangeline Downs to Harrah's Louisiana Downs.
The turf features will now be run on the Franks Turf Course at Harrah's Louisiana Downs. The schedule is as follows:
Monday, July 17
- $100,000 Legends Louisiana Turf 3 YO & Up LA-Bred 1 1/16 miles (T)
- $50,000 Legends Starter 3 YO & Up LA-Bred 7 ½ Furlongs (T)
Saturday, August 5
- $50,000 John Henry 3 YO & Up 1 1/16 miles (T)
- $50,000 Opelousas 3YO & Up F&M 1 Mile (T)
Saturday, September 9
- $50,000 Tellike 3 YO & Up F&M 5 Furlongs (T)
- $50,000 Need for Speed 3 YO & Up 5 Furlongs (T)
“We commend the group effort and coordination between, the LHBPA and Evangeline Downs in moving these turf stakes to Louisiana Downs,” said Trent McIntosh, assistant general manager at Harrah's Louisiana Downs. “The first two stakes will run on Monday, July 17 and we will do our best to ensure a smooth transition as we incorporate these events into our 2017 Thoroughbred racing season.”
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2017 Paulick Report.