With the backdrop of the successful 2012 Saratoga and Del Mar premieres, America's Best Racing (followhorseracing.com) will be activating a fan development initiative focused on the start of Thoroughbred racing's “Second Season.” This effort, designed to attract and educate new fans to the sport through signature, big events, is being supported with renewed cooperation by and collaboration with several of America's Best racetracks.
Starting with the Haskell Invitational at Monmouth Park this Sunday, July 29th, six premier racing events will be the focus of America's Best Racing's fan development initiative. The big event days for the “Second Season” will include:
– Haskell Invitational – Monmouth Park (NJ) – July 29th
– Whitney Invitational Handicap – Saratoga (NY) – August 4th
– Pacific Classic – Del Mar (CA) -August 26th
– Super Saturday – Belmont (NY) & Santa Anita (CA) -September 29th
– Fall Stars – Keeneland (KY) – October 6th
Activation elements will include the following:
– The viral and social media launch of the “Second Season” video: http://www.followhorseracing.com/the-latest/news-stories/2012/7/26/racings-second-season/
– An on-track Fan Hub, branded as Racing 101 and hosted by fan ambassador and America's Best Racing talent Joe Kristufek, will kick-off a pilot-program designed to enhance new fan education at each of the above tracks' “Second Season” event day. The Racing 101 Fan Hub will offer and provide new and casual fans the unique opportunity to receive personal, hands-on tutorials learning about the basics and intricacies of wagering as well as an introduction to the content and features of followhorseracing.com; and
– Behind-the-scenes, insider short-form videos, produced by America's Best Racing, will highlight the best races from the best tracks of the “Second Season,” including the lifestyle, fashion and entertainment scene at each event. These short-form video features, which will appear on followhorseracing.com, will also be distributed by Cinesport, which is syndicated to 100 web sites including over 30 national newspaper sites such as the New York Post, Los Angeles Times, The Philadelphia Inquirer/Daily News, The Boston Globe, The Atlanta Journal Constitution and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, among others.
“With a very successful Triple Crown season behind us, it's time to turn the awareness and spotlight towards the “Second Season” of Thoroughbred racing, culminating with the Breeders' Cup World Championship on November 2-3 at Santa Anita,” stated Jason Wilson, Vice-President of Business Development for The Jockey Club. “We are excited about the unprecedented cooperation and collaboration with these premier race tracks. We felt that building this approach shouldn't be a top down thing, but it would have a much better chance at succeeding if it was generated more in a cooperative spirit.”
America's Best Racing is a multi-media new fan development and awareness-building platform, initiated by The Jockey Club, designed to increase the profile and visibility of America's best Thoroughbred racing events, with a primary focus on the sport's lifestyle and competition.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2019 Paulick Report.