Hip No. 888, Battle of Algiers, a bay colt by War Front consigned by Niall Brennan Stables, Agent, went to Narvick International, Agent for Katsumi Yoshida, for $725,000 to top the third session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2018 Spring Sale of Two-Year-Olds in Training. Out of graded stakes winner River Belle (GB), by Lahib, the half brother to graded stakes winner Strathnaver (GB) turned in a quarter in :21 1/5 at Friday's Under Tack session.
- Hip No. 669, a chestnut filly by Candy Ride (ARG) consigned by RiceHorse Stable (Brandon & Ali Rice), Agent, was sold to Mike Ryan, Agent, for $650,000. Out of stakes placed Minesave, by Mineshaft, a daughter of graded stakes placed stakes winner Jaramar Rain, she breezed a quarter in :21 1/5 at Thursday's Under Tack Session.
- Phoenix Thoroughbred (III) Ltd. went to $625,000 for Hip No. 726, a son of Giant's Causeway consigned by Off the Hook LLC, Agent. The bay colt, who worked an eighth on Thursday in :10 2/5, is out of My Special Secret, by Mineshaft, a half sister to graded stakes winner Ask Me No Secrets.
- Hip No. 899, a son of Arch consigned by de Meric Sales, Agent, was sold to D. J. Stable LLC for $425,000. The dark bay or brown colt, who worked a quarter in :21 1/5 on Friday, is out of stakes winning OBS graduate Rosa Salvaje, by Chapel Royal.
- Hip No. 651, another son of Arch consigned by Tom McCrocklin, Agent, was purchased by Mike Ryan, Agent for Marc Keller, for $410,000. The dark bay or brown colt, who worked a quarter in :22 1/5 on Thursday, is out of graded stakes placed stakes winner Mega Dream, by Medaglia d'Oro, a half sister to stakes winner Grant Jack.
- Hip No. 800, consigned by Tom McCrocklin, Agent, a dark bay or brown colt by Hard Spun, was purchased by John C. Oxley for $400,000. The half brother to graded stakes winner Annual Report, who worked a quarter in :21 1/5 on Thursday, is out of Pension, by Seeking the Gold.
- Hip No. 913, a dark bay or brown filly by Shakin It Up consigned by Eddie Woods, Agent, was purchased for $400,000 by Spendthrift Farm. Out of Rupert's Promise, by Capote, from the family of grade one winner Roman Ruler, she breezed a quarter in :20 4/5 on Friday.
- Eclipse Thoroughbred Partners went to $370,000 for Hip No. 876, a son of Verrazano consigned by Wavertree Stables, Inc. (Ciaran Dunne), Agent, who worked a quarter in :20 4/5 at Friday's Under Tack session. The bay colt out of Relaxing Green, by Formal Gold, is a half brother to newly graded stakes placed Marley's Freedom, second in Santa Anita's recent Santa Monica Stakes (G2).
- Hip No. 711, a daughter of Jimmy Creed consigned by Hartley / DeRenzo Thoroughbreds LLC, Agent, went to Red Baron's Barn or Rancho Temescal LLC for $350,000. The bay filly, who turned in an Under Tack eighth in :10 1/5 on Thursday, is out of stakes placed Mountain Tiger, by Tiger Ridge, a half sister to stakes placed Songofthesouth.
- Hip No. 735, a bay colt by Take Charge Indy consigned by Off the Hook LLC, Agent for Gelfenstein Farm, was sold to B S W Bloodstock – Liz Crow, Agent, for $270,000. The half brother to graded stakes winner She's Indy Money, who breezed an eighth on Thursday in :10 flat, is out of grade one stakes winning OBS graduate Nany's Sweep.
- Hip No. 659, a son of Flashback consigned by Bobby Dodd, Agent, was sold to Eaton Bloodstock for $260,000. The gray or roan colt, who breezed an Under Tack eighth in :10 1/5 on Thursday, is out of Meridian Mama, by Forestry, a half sister to grade one stakes placed stakes winner Conquest Mo Money.
For the day, 175 horses brought a total of $16,047,500 compared with 182 selling for a total of $18,006,500 at last year's third session. The average price was $91,700, compared with $98,937 in 2017 while the median was $55,000, up 13.4 percent from $48,500 a year ago. The buyback percentage was 19.3 percent; it was 7.6 percent last year.
The Spring Sale continues Friday at 10:30 a.m.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2020 Paulick Report.