The 2017 OBS Spring Sale of Two Year Olds in Training begins a four day run on Tuesday, April 25th. Hip No.'s 1-302 will sell on Tuesday, Hip No.'s 303-604 sell on Wednesday, Hip No.'s 605-906 sell Thursday and Hip No.'s 907-1208 on Friday. All four sessions begin at 10:30 a.m.
The catalog is available online via the OBS website. A sortable master index provides searchable pedigree and consignor information as well as access to pedigree updates occurring since the catalog was printed.
The iPad version of the catalog can be accessed via the equineline Sales Catalog App. The App allows users to download and view the catalog and Under Tack videos, receive updates and results, record notes and also provides innovative search, sort and rating capability. For more information and downloads go to: http://www.equineline.com/SalesCatalogApp/
The OBS Spring Sale has grown in size and stature to become the world's preeminent juvenile marketplace, attracting buyers from across the country and around the world. Its graduates compete at racing's highest levels in North America, Europe and Asia. Twenty five of the Sale's graduates have earned a million dollars or more and ten have earned Eclipse Awards, including the latest champion Ciaglia Racing, Exline-Border, Gulliver Racing, Sharon Alesia, Christensen, and Legan's Champagne Room, 2016's champion 2-year-old filly. The daughter of Broken Vow was on the board in four of five starts at two and wrapped up her juvenile campaign with a victory in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (G1). Trained by Peter Eurton, she has earned $1,310,600 to date. Consigned by de Meric Sales to the 2016 OBS April Sale, she was purchased for $310,000 by Larry Zap, Agent, on behalf of her owners. watch her under tack video Champagne Room's April Sale auction footage
The most recently minted April millionaire is J Stables, Head of Plains Partners LLC, Summer, Summers, Kisber and Summers' top sprinter Mind Your Biscuits, winner of the recent Dubai Golden Shaheen (G1) at Meydan Race Course. The son of Posse, now 15-5-6-2 with earnings of $2,015,166 was consigned by SBM Training and Sales, Agent, to the 2015 OBS April Sale, where he turned in an eighth in :10 3/5 at the Under Tack Show. watch his under tack video
On the eve of the 2017 classics, Kendall E. Hansen's Fast and Accurate is now pointing to the Kentucky Derby (G1), seeking to follow in the footsteps of 2011 Derby winner Animal Kingdom, who parlayed a victory in Turfway Park's Spiral Stakes (G3) into a win on the first Saturday in May. The 3-year-old colt by Hansen, trained by Mike Maker is now 6-3-1-0 with $340,362 in earnings. He breezed an Under Tack eighth in :10 2/5 before he was purchased for $85,000 from Wavertree Stables, Inc. (Ciaran Dunne), Agent, at the 2016 OBS April Sale. watch his under tack video
The latest Spring Sale headliner is American Equistock's Multiplier, who hopped straight from a maiden win in March to a victory in yesterday's Illinois Derby (G3). Now 4-2-1-1 for trainer Brendan Walsh, the 3-year-old colt by The Factor has earned $187,310 to date. Consigned by Scanlon Training & Sales, Agent to the 2016 OBS April Sale, he turned in an eighth in :10 2/5 at the Under Tack Show. watch his under tack video
At the six-session Under Tack Show, Hip No. 200, a bay colt by Wildcat Heir consigned by Blue River Bloodstock, Agent, turned in the fastest quarter, clocked in :20 2/5. He's out of Business Decision, by Put It Back, a daughter of graded stakes winner In Conference.
There were four quarters in :20 3/5.
- On Friday it was Hip No. 848, a bay colt by Into Mischief consigned by Thoroughbred Champions Training Center LLC. He's a half brother to Oh So Regal, third in the recent Mine That Bird Derby, out of Oh So Nice, by Smart Strike, a half sister to stakes winner Dynamic Cat.
The other three came on Saturday.
- Hip No. 1011, also consigned by Thoroughbred Champions Training Center LLC, is a bay colt by Tapizar out of Se Bella, by Forestry, and is a half brother to stakes placed Swiss Army Wife.
- Hip No. 1079, a bay colt by Violence consigned by Envision Equine, Agent, is a half brother to graded stakes placed Pedaltothemedal out of Something Brewing, by Meadowlake.
- Hip No. 1164, Blasy Boy, a bay colt by Run Away and Hide consigned by Blas Perez Stables, is out of Texit, by Tapit, a half sister to graded stakes placed My Corinthian.
Seven horses worked quarters in :20 4/5, three at Monday's first session.
- Hip No. 49, consigned by de Meric Sales, Agent, is a bay filly by Macho Uno out of Wild Eyes, by Medaglia d'Oro, a daughter of graded stakes winner Desert Digger.
- Hip No. 155, a bay colt by Trappe Shot consigned by Southern Chase Farm, Inc. (Greg & Karen Dodd), Agent, is a half brother to stakes winner Putyourdreamsaway out of stakes placed Beauty for Ashes, by City Place.
- Hip No. 167 is a bay filly by Alternation consigned by Envision Equine, Agent, out of Best Practices, by Tough Knight, and is a half sister to stakes placed Best Reward.
There were two on Tuesday.
- Hip No. 234, consigned by Blue River Bloodstock Inc., Agent, is a bay filly by Prospective out of Catomaria, by Tale of the Cat, from the family of stakes winner In My Heart.
- Hip No. 377, a bay colt by Violence consigned by Top Line Sales, LLC, Agent, is out of Dying to Dance, by Street Cry (IRE), from the family of champion Mrs. Penny.
There was one at Wednesday's third session.
- Hip No. 591, is a bay filly by Malibu Moon consigned by Eddie Woods, Agent, out of graded stakes placed stakes winner In the Slips, by More Than Ready.
The seventh was at Saturday's final session.
- Hip No. 1126, a dark bay or brown colt by Stormy Atlantic consigned by Eddie Woods, Agent, turned in a quarter in :20 4/5. He's out of Summer Laughter, by Distorted Humor, a daughter of grade one stakes winner Dream of Summer and half sister to grade one stakes winner Creative Cause, Tampa Bay Derby (G3) winner Destin and Vexatious, third in the recent Fantasy Stakes (G3) at Oaklawn Park.
Two horses, working on Thursday, shared honors for the Under Tack Show's fastest eighth, clocked in :9 3/5.
- Hip No. 778, consigned by Wavertree Stables, Inc. (Ciaran Dunne), Agent, is a dark bay or brown filly by More Than Ready out of graded stakes placed Miss Mary Apples, by Clever Trick, and is a half sister to graded stakes placed stakes winner Dr. Diamonds Prize.
- Hip No. 793, a bay colt by Tiznow consigned by Bobby Dodd, Agent, is out of Moonbow, by Distorted Humor, a daughter of stakes winner Storm Beauty.
There were eleven eighths in :9 4/5, one at Monday's first session.
- Hip No. 148, Stars Wild Child, is a chestnut filly by Wildcat Heir consigned by Craig L. Wheeler, Agent, out of Battingstar, by Grand Slam, from the family of graded stakes winner Move.
There were five on Tuesday.
- Hip No. 211, Pedal Fast, consigned by Crupi's New Castle Farm, Agent, is a bay colt by City Zip out of graded stakes winner Candy Apple (ARG), by Halo Sunrise, a half sister to champion and successful sire Candy Ride (ARG).
- Hip No. 216, a dark bay or brown filly by Curlin consigned by McKathan Bros., Agent, is a half sister to graded stakes winner Blues Street out of Capote Blues, by Capote.
- Hip No. 259, consigned by Julie Davies, Agent, is a chestnut colt by Jimmy Creed out of stakes winner Chitka, by Jade Hunter.
- Hip No. 345, Artistic Diva, a bay filly by Munnings consigned by Price Thoroughbreds LLC, Agent, is out of Diva N Disguise, by Mizzen Mast, a half sister to grade one stakes placed stakes winner Diva's Diamond.
- Hip No. 375, consigned by Rick Lopez Training & Sales, is a chestnut filly by Friesan Fire out of Duck the Punch, by Two Punch, a half sister to stakes winner Tim's Crossing.
There were three on Wednesday.
- Hip No. 422, consigned by de Meric Sales, Agent, is a bay filly by Quality Road out of Favoritism, by Tiznow, a daughter of graded stakes placed Chaste from the family of Moanin, a Japanese grade one winning OBS graduate.
- Hip No. 504 is a bay filly by Prospective out of Grand Episode, by Grand Slam, a half sister to graded stakes winner Vestrey Lady, consigned by Daylight Farm Racing & Sales.
- Hip No. 581, a chestnut colt by First Samurai consigned by Grassroots Training & Sales, LLC, is out of Indian Bay, by Indian Charlie, a daughter of graded stakes winner Buy the Barrel.
There were two during Thursday's session.
- Hip No. 690, a dark bay or brown filly by Sky Mesa consigned by Grassroots Training & Sales LLC, Agent, is out of Le Sang Royale, by Henrythenavigator, a half sister to stakes winner River Bear.
- Hip No. 756, consigned by Bobby Dodd, Agent, is a bay filly by Maclean's Music out of Meridian Mama, by Forestry, a half sister to graded stakes placed stakes winner Conquest Mo Money, second in the recent Arkansas Derby (G1).
Hip No. 268, a dark bay or brown colt by Poseidon's Warrior consigned by Blue River Bloodstock, Agent, worked the Under Tack Show's fastest three eighths, clocked in :33 flat at Tuesday's session. He's out of stakes placed Clandestine, by Grand Slam, and is a half brother to stakes winner Jossy Do It.
The Under Tack Show was recorded and is available on the OBS website, by entire session or by individual hip number. The works are also available for viewing in the video room adjacent to the Horsemen's Lounge in the sales pavilion as well as several kiosks in the lobby and the covered walking ring. In-room viewing is available at The Courtyard by Marriott, Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and the Ocala Hilton, plus lounge viewing is available at the Hilton. Under Tack Show results are posted on the OBS website in .pdf and Excel format as well as via a sortable master index.
The sale will be streamed live via the OBS website at obssales.com and the Blood-Horse and DRF websites.
Current information about OBS sales, consignors and graduates is now also available via social media sites Facebook and Twitter. A link on the homepage directs users to either site.
Sales results will be available on the OBS website, updated hourly during each session of the Spring Sale. In addition, the latest news regarding OBS graduates, sales schedules, nominations, credit requests, travel information and other news relevant to OBS consignors and customers is also available. E-mail should be addressed to [email protected].
For more information regarding the Spring Sale or OBS website, please call (352) 237-2154.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2019 Paulick Report.