Keeneland announced that several prominent broodmares, graded stakes-winning fillies and horses of racing age have been supplemented to its November Breeding Stock Sale, to be held Nov. 6-17.
Among the supplements are Wild Forest, dam of two-time Grade 1 winner Paradise Woods; No Use Denying, dam of Grade 1 winner Perfect Alibi; and graded stakes winners Colonia, Jeltrin, Quip, Blended Citizen and Lady T N T.
Keeneland will continue to accept approved supplements until the November Sale begins.
Supplemented to the premier Book 1 catalog offered on opening day, Wednesday, Nov. 6, are:
· A weanling colt by Commissioner (Hip 274A) whose 2-year-old half-sister, Lazy Daisy, won this year's Grade 2 Pocahontas and is pointing toward the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies. He is consigned by Moonestone Farm, agent.
· No Use Denying (Hip 274B), dam of the Grade 1-winning juvenile filly Perfect Alibi and in foal to Carpe Diem, is consigned by Elm Tree Farm. Perfect Alibi has finished first or second in all five of her career starts, winning the G1 Spinaway and G2 Adirondack at Saratoga this summer. She was the runner-up in the G1 Darley Alcibiades at Keeneland on opening day of the fall meet and is pointing toward the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies.
· Wild Forest (Hip 274C), dam of millionaire and Breeders' Cup Distaff contender Paradise Woods. Lane's End, agent, has consigned Wild Forest, a daughter of Forest Wildcat in foal to Quality Road. Paradise Woods is a multiple Grade 1 winner who recently captured the G2 Zenyatta at Santa Anita to earn an automatic berth in the Distaff on Nov. 2. Through three seasons of racing, Paradise Woods has finished first, second or third in nine graded stakes, also winning the G2 Santa Margarita in April and the 2017 G1 Santa Anita Oaks and G1 Zenyatta.
· ELiTE, agent, consigns Colonia (FR) (Hip 274D), a 4-year-old filly by Champs Elysees, who won the 2018 G3 Pin Oak Valley View at Keeneland and finished third in the G2 Sands Point at Belmont. In her most recent start, Colonia was second in the All Along Stakes at Laurel. She is offered as a racing or broodmare prospect.
· Jeltrin (Hip 274E) won the G2 Davona Dale at Gulfstream in March and Cathryn Sophia Stakes at Parx Racing in September. This year she also finished third in the G1 Acorn and G2 Mother Goose. Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent, consigns this 3-year-old daughter of Tapizar as a racing or broodmare prospect.
Sessions on Tuesday, Nov. 12, and Wednesday, Nov. 13, will feature horses of racing age from such leading consignors as ELiTE, Lane's End, Paramount Sales, Taylor Made Sales Agency, Timber Town and WinStar Farm.
Millionaire Quip, multiple Grade 3 winner Blended Citizen and Grade 3 winner Lady T N T are among the supplements. Quip and Blended Citizen are cataloged as racing or stallion prospects. Lady T N T is cataloged as a racing or broodmare prospect.
Quip (Hip 3170A), consigned by WinStar Racing, agent, has competed in graded stakes from coast to coast throughout his career. Now four, the son of Distorted Humor opened his career at two with consecutive wins at Churchill Downs and Keeneland. At three, he won the G2 Tampa Bay Derby and was second in the G1 Arkansas Derby. He made his next start in the Preakness Stakes, facing eventual Triple Crown winner Justify.
This season, Quip used a driving finish to capture the G2 Oaklawn Handicap then ran second to Grade 1 winner and multimillionaire Seeking the Soul in the G2 Stephen Foster. His most recent starts came in the $1 Million G1 TVG Pacific Classic at Del Mar and G3 Lukas Classic at Churchill.
Blended Citizen (Hip 2761A) is a 4-year-old son of Proud Citizen consigned by South Point Sales Agency, agent. The versatile runner has made 17 starts at eight tracks on dirt, turf and all-weather from six furlongs to 1½ miles. In 2018, he won the G3 Peter Pan at Belmont and G3 Jeff Ruby Steaks at Turfway. He is entered in Thursday's G3 Sycamore at Keeneland.
Lady T N T (Hip 2761B) is coming off a two-length win in the G3 Charles Town Oaks. A 3-year-old daughter of Justin Phillip, she is a half-sister to Grade 3 winner Sweet Hope.
Other horses of racing age supplemented to the November Sale are:
· Elusive Molly (Hip 2761C), a 2-year-old filly by Elusive Quality consigned by Denali Stud, agent;
· Wakes Up Happy (Hip 2761D), a 2-year-old daughter of Quality Road consigned by Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent;
· Shedaresthedevil (Hip 2761E), a 2-year-old daughter of Daredevil who won her career debut at Churchill, was third in the Sorrento (G2) at Del Mar and was second in Sunday's Anoakia Stakes at Santa Anita. She is consigned by Hunter Valley Farm, agent.
·Tide of the Sea (Hip 3170B), a winning 3-year-old English Channel colt from the family of Grade 1 winners Tates Creek and Sightseek and European champion Special Duty consigned by Timber Town, agent;
· Take That for Data (Hip 3170C), a winning 4-year-old Pioneerof the Nile gelding who is a half-brother to multiple Grade 2 winner Forty Tales consigned by ELiTE, agent;
· Olin's Honor (Hip 3170D), a 3-year-old filly by Uncle Mo consigned by Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent;
· Lady Kaza (Hip 3170E), a 2-year-old daughter of Congrats who is coming off a September win at Belmont and is consigned by ELiTE, agent;
· Puca Penny (Hip 3170F), a 3-year-old daughter of Ghostzapper who won her career debut at two. Consigned by ELiTE, agent, she is from the family of Grade 1 winner Lovlier Linda and Grade 2 winner Old Trieste.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2020 Paulick Report.