Hip No. 237, a daughter of American Pharoah consigned by Wavertree Stables, Inc. (Ciaran Dunne), Agent was sold to Katsumi Yoshida for $650,000 to top the first session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2020 March Sale of 2-Year-Olds in Training.
The bay filly, whose quarter in :20 2/5 at Friday's Under Tack session was the sale's fastest at the distance, is out of Megalicious, by Songandaprayer, and is a half-sister to stakes placed My Sweet Stella.
– Hip No. 258, a son of Into Mischief consigned by de Meric Sales, Agent, was sold to Myracehorse.com and Spendthrift for $500,000. The bay colt, who turned in a quarter in :21 flat at Friday's Under Tack session, is out of stakes placed Montessa G, by Montbrook, a daughter of stakes winner Doc's Doll.
– Hip No. 320, Brother Lob, by Runhappy, who breezed a quarter on Friday in :20 3/5, was purchased by Tom Durant for $475,000. Consigned by Pick View LLC, Agent, he's out of stakes placed Pledge Pin, by Chatain, a half-sister to graded stakes placed stakes winner Great Mills.
– Katsumi Yoshida also went to $420,000 for Hip No. 65, a son of Medaglia d'Oro who breezed an eighth at Thursday's Under Tack session in :10 1/5. The bay colt, consigned by Top Line Sales LLC, Agent, is out of Flagstaff (GB), by Dansili, a half sister to graded stakes winner Starformer.
– Hip No. 27, a son of Air Force Blue consigned by RiceHorse Stable (Brandon & Ali Rice), was purchased by Willis Horton Racing LLC for $390,000. The chestnut colt, who turned in an Under Tack eighth in :10 flat on Thursday, is a half-brother to graded stakes winner Daddy Long Legs out of stakes winner Dreamy Maiden, by Meadowlake.
– Hip No. 167, a daughter of Medaglia d'Oro consigned by Sequel Bloodstock, Agent for Chester & Mary Broman, was sold to OXO Equine LLC for $330,000. The dark bay or brown filly, who worked an eighth in:10 flat on Thursday, is a full-sister to Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Sprint winner Bar of Gold out of graded stakes winner Khancord Kid, by Lemon Drop Kid.
– Team Casse, Agent, went to $320,000 for Hip No. 226, an Irish-bred daughter of Frankel consigned by Wavertree Stables, Inc., (Ciaran Dunne), Agent. The bay filly, who breezed a quarter in :21 1/5 on Thursday, is out of stakes placed Manderley, by Clodovil, a full-sister to stakes winner Gregorian.
– Hip No. 319, a son of American Pharoah consigned by Wavertree Stables, Inc. (Ciaran Dunne), Agent, went to John C. Kimmel, Agent for $320,000. The bay colt, who worked a quarter in :21 1/5 on Friday, is a half-brother to Grade 1 winner Certify, out of graded stakes placed stakes winner Please Sign In, by Doc's Leader.
– Hip No. 149, a daughter of Empire Maker consigned by Randy Miles, Agent, was sold for $280,000 to August Dawn Farm. The bay filly, who breezed a :10 1/5 eighth on Thursday, is out of Jaded Glory, by Smart Strike, a daughter of grade one stakes placed Jade Queen.
– Hip No. 141, a son of Dialed In consigned by Wavertree Stables, Inc. (Ciaran Dunne), Agent, was sold for $275,000 to North Hills. The bay colt, whose quarter in :20 3/5 was fastest at the distance at Thursday's Under Tack session, is a half brother to stakes winner Meadowood out of stakes winner Into Reality, by Untuttable.
– Sandin Syndicate Stable LLC, W.E. Morey Agent, paid $255,000 for Hip No. 241, a son of Curlin consigned by Eddie Woods, Agent. The bay colt, who worked a :21 1/5 quarter on Friday, is out of Michelle d'Oro, by Bernardini, a daughter of grade one winner Champagne d'Oro.
For the session, 134 horses sold for a total of $12,550,500, averaging $93,660 with a $50,000 median figure. The buyback percentage was 44.4 percent.
The OBS March Sale continues Wednesday, March 18 at 10:30 a.m. with Hip No.'s 341 – 681 set to go through the ring.
To view the full results, click here.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2020 Paulick Report.