Due to the heavy wildfire smoke in parts of the Bay Area, live racing at Golden Gate Fields has been canceled on Friday, Nov. 16. If the air quality does not improve, racing may be cancelled through the remainder of the weekend.
“We're going to keep an eye on it on a daily basis,” said Golden Gate vice president and general manager David Duggan told bloodhorse.com. “We'll look at what Berkeley is doing and what surrounding cities are saying. It's pretty bad today, but the forecast of today was the worst of it. They're hoping for some wind, but I haven't seen the sign of that.”
Golden Gate Fields will still be open for simulcast wagering, with plenty of indoor seating.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2018 Paulick Report.