The popular Stronach 5, with an industry-low 12-percent takeout, will feature races Friday from Laurel Park, Gulfstream Park and Golden Gate Fields along with a $100,000 guaranteed pool.
The Stronach 5 begins at 3:52 PM with a competitive allowance optional claimer from Laurel that includes Jefazo, a four-time winner this year, and Tappin Cat, who has won two consecutive starts after finishing third in the Maryland Million Classic. The first of two turf races from Gulfstream follows with graded-stakes winner Amelia's Wild Ride. After a maiden claiming event from Golden Gate Fields with a field of 2-year-old fillies, the sequence ends with a dozen 3-year-olds and up going a mile on the turf at Gulfstream.
Friday's races and sequence
- Leg One – Laurel Park 8th Race: (9 entries, 1 mile) 3:52 ET, 12:52 PT
- Leg Two –Gulfstream Park 8th Race: (11 entries, 5 furlongs turf) 4 ET, 1 PT
- Leg Three –Gulfstream Park 9th Race: (10 entries, 6 ½ furlongs) 4:30 ET, 1:30 PT
- Leg Four –Golden Gate Fields 3rd Race: (10 entries, 5 ½ furlongs) 4:49 ET, 1:49 PT
- Leg Five –Gulfstream Park 10th Race: (12 entries, 1 mile turf) 5 ET, 2 PT
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
If a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2020 Paulick Report.