The Stronach 5, which continues to offer a strong return on investment, will feature four turf races Friday as well as a $100,000 guaranteed pool and industry-low 12-percent takeout.
The Stronach 5 will feature Laurel Park, Gulfstream Park and Santa Anita Park with four of the five races contested on the turf. The sequence kicks off at 4:33 p.m. with maiden fillies and mares going a mile on Laurel's world-class turf course.
Last week's Stronach 5 returned $10,902.10 with four of the five winners returning under $10. The Sept. 13 wager returned $3,977 with four winners under $10 and the biggest price $12.20.
Friday's races and sequence
- Leg One – Laurel Park 7th Race: (14 entries, 1 mile turf) 4:33 ET, 1:33 PT
- Leg Two –Gulfstream Park 8th Race: (10 entries, 1 mile turf) 4:43 ET, 1:43 PT
- Leg Three –Laurel Park 8th Race: (12 entries, 5 ½ furlongs) 5:15 ET, 2:15 PT
- Leg Four –Santa Anita Park 4th Race: (7 entries, 5 ½ furlongs turf) 5:40 ET, 2:40 PT
- Leg Five –Laurel Park 9th Race: (11 entries, 5 ½ furlongs turf) 5:50 ET, 2:50 PT
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
If a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2019 Paulick Report.