Friday's Stronach 5, with an industry-low 12-percent takeout and a $100,000 guaranteed pool, will include two turf races from Gulfstream Park and a maiden special weight event from Santa Anita Park for 3-year-old fillies.
The Stronach 5 begins at 5:16 p.m. with maiden fillies and mares going six furlongs at Laurel Park. After an allowance optional claimer for 3-year-olds and up at five furlongs on the turf at Gulfstream, the Stronach 5 heads to Golden Gate Fields for 3-year-old maiden fillies going six furlongs. After heading back to Gulfstream for 3-year-old maiden fillies going 7 ½ furlongs on the turf, the sequence wraps up at Santa Anita with a field of 11 3-year-old maiden fillies.
Stronach 5 Past Performances: http://www.laurelpark.com/sites/www.laurelpark.com/files/Stronach_5_April_12.pdf
Friday's Stronach 5 sequence
- Leg One – Laurel Park 9th Race – (nine entries, 6 furlongs) 5:16 ET, 2:16 PT
- Leg Two – Gulfstream Park 9th Race – (10 entries, 5 furlongs turf) 5:34 ET, 2:34 PT
- Leg Three – Golden Gate Fields 5th Race – (11 entries, 6 furlongs) 5:56 ET, 2:56 PT
- Leg Four – Gulfstream Park 10th Race – ( 11 entries, 7 ½ furlongs turf) 6:04 ET, 3:04 PT
- Leg Five – Santa Anita Park 5th Race – (11 entries, 6 furlongs) 6:13 ET, 3:13 PT
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
For the Stronach 5, if a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2019 Paulick Report.