The Stronach 5, featuring a $100,000 guaranteed pool and industry-low 12-percent takeout, returns Friday with races from Laurel Park, Gulfstream Park and Golden Gate Fields.
The sequence kicks off at 5:12 p.m. with a field of 10 Maryland-bred or Maryland-sired allowance runners going six furlongs at Laurel. The remaining four races of the Stronach 5 are all scheduled on the turf.
Friday's races and sequence
· Leg One: Laurel Park 8th Race (10 entries, 6 furlongs): 5:12 ET, 2:12 PT
· Leg Two: Gulfstream Park 7th Race (9 entries, 1 mile turf): 5:25 ET, 2:25 PT
· Leg Three: Golden Gate Fields 4th Race (7 entries, 5 furlongs turf) 5:45 ET, 2:45 PT
· Leg Four: Laurel Park 9th Race (10 entries, 5 ½ furlong turf) 5:52 ET, 2:52 PT
· Leg Five: Gulfstream Park 9th Race (12 entries, 7 ½ furlongs turf) 6:29 ET, 3:29 PT
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
If a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2020 Paulick Report.