Robust Handle, Generous Payouts Characterize Rainbow Six Trend At Santa Anita

by | 10.08.2018 | 2:26am
Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, Calif.

Santa Anita's popular 20 cent Rainbow Pick Six Jackpot will no doubt be the object of considerable attention for a good many racegoers on Columbus Day, Monday at The Great Race Place, as the track will guarantee $500,000 in the Jackpot pool.  (There was $225,916 in “new money” bet into Sunday's Rainbow Six, resulting in 20 winning tickets with six winners, each worth $6,104.70).

The Rainbow Pick Six Jackpot, initiated at Santa Anita on opening day of the current Autumn Meet Sept. 28, pays out 70 percent each day's net Rainbow handle to those tickets with the most wins and directs the remaining 30 percent to the Jackpot pool.

Through seven days of racing, Rainbow handle has been robust and payouts have been consistently generous:

Live money pool
Sept. 28: $82,392 – 6 winning tickets, each worth $7,336.25
Sept. 29: $251,385 – 12 winning tickets, each worth $11,189
Sept. 30: $221,946 – 14 winning tickets, each worth $8,469.20
Oct. 4: $133,840 – 33 winning tickets, each worth $2,180.75
Oct. 5: $117,694 – 40 winning tickets, each worth $1,571.85
Oct. 6: $245,810.40 – 2 winning tickets, each worth $71,169.10
Oct. 7: $225,916 – 20 winning tickets, each worth $6,104.70 

Tremendously popular for several years at Gulfstream Park, the 20 cent Rainbow Pick Six Jackpot enables players to cover 10-times as many horses per race as was possible with the original two dollar minimum Pick Six.

Should no one be able to “take down” the Rainbow Pick Six with a single winning ticket over the first 21 days of the Autumn Meet, there will be mandatory payout on closing day, Sunday, Nov. 4.

First post time for a 10-race card on Monday at Santa Anita is at 12:30 p.m.  Approximate post time for Monday's fifth race, leg one in the Rainbow Six, is at 2:42 p.m. PT.

Monday is also Dollar Day, with one dollar beers and sodas, as well as two dollar hot dogs.  For more information, please visit Santa Anita's 'Live Racing' page or call (626) 574-RACE.

Twitter Twitter
Paulick Report on Instagram