Churchill Downs' 20-cent Single 6 Jackpot was hit Thursday evening for a whopping $549,774.80 from a ticket purchased at Northfield Park by longtime owner and horseplayer Ron Paolucci.
Paolucci's ticket, which cost $1,764, correctly picked the winners of Races 3-8 Thursday: Race 3, Misspent Youth, $13; Race 4, My Perfect Graydar, $8.40; Race 5, Clever Serve, $12.60; Race 6, Strike Silver, $5.80; Race 7, Bonnie Arch, $11.20; and Race 8 Mucho Mas Grande, $25.
The Single 6 Jackpot, which debuted at Churchill Downs during the 2015 Fall Meet, is a minimum 20-cent wager with a low 15-percent takeout – one of the lowest multi-race wager takeout rates in American racing. The Single 6 Jackpot is paid only if there is a single winning wager with six winners placed at the required minimum bet value.
If there are multiple winning wagers with six winners in the six-race sequence, 90 percent of the net money wagering into the pool is paid out, and the remaining 10 percent is carried to the Single 6 Jackpot. If there are no tickets will all six winners, 100 percent of the pool is carried to the Single 6 Jackpot.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2020 Paulick Report.