The NTRA National Horseplayers Championship (NHC), the world's richest and most prestigious handicapping tournament, will have a new home beginning in 2020, as the NTRA and Caesars Entertainment have signed a multi-year agreement to move the event to Bally's Las Vegas. The 21st edition of the NHC, presented by Racetrack Television Network, Caesars Entertainment and Bally's, will be held February 7-9, 2020.
Bally's, which completed a $125 million renovation in 2018, previously hosted the NHC from 2003-2007.
“Caesars Entertainment is a world-wide leader in gaming, entertainment and customer service. We look forward to working with them as we return the NHC to the newly renovated Bally's in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip,” said Keith Chamblin, Chief Operating Officer of the NTRA and NHC Tournament Director.
The 2020 NHC will take place in the Bally's Events Center, a 40,000 square foot space that will nearly double the NHC's footprint while being transitioned into the world's largest race book.
“The NTRA National Horseplayers Championship is the premiere handicapping tournament in all of thoroughbred racing. We look forward to hosting this tournament at Bally's Las Vegas inside our world-class Events Center, along with showcasing our recently renovated room product,” said Jim Korona, Vice President of Casino Marketing with Caesars Entertainment.
This past February's NHC, the second-richest in the event's history with purses and prizes totaling $2,863,000, was won by 34-year-old Scott Coles, a financial manager from Chicago, Ill. Coles bested 668 entries in the three-day contest.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2019 Paulick Report.