The Stronach 5 will take to the turf Friday with its first four races scheduled on the turf at Laurel Park, Gulfstream Park and Santa Anita Park.
The Stronach 5, with a guaranteed $100,000 pool and industry-low 12-percent takeout, begins at 5:20 p.m. with 11 entered at Laurel in a starter optional claimer at a mile on the turf. The sequence then heads to Gulfstream for a five furlong turf event, Laurel for a 1 1/16 mile claiming event, and then Santa Anita for an allowance optional claimer at five furlongs on the grass. The sequence concludes at Gulfstream with 11 claimers going 6 ½ furlongs on the main track.
Friday's Stronach 5 sequence
- Leg One – Laurel Park 9th Race – (11 entries, one mile turf) 5:20 ET, 2:20 PT
- Leg Two – Gulfstream Park 7th Race – (10 entries, five furlongs turf) 5:28 ET, 2:28 PT
- Leg Three – Laurel Park 10th Race – (11 entries, 1 1/16 miles turf) 5:51 ET, 2:51 PT
- Leg Four – Santa Anita Park 5th Race – (9 entries, 5 furlongs turf) 6:12 ET, 3:12 PT
- Leg Five – Gulfstream Park 9th Race – (11 entries, 6 ½ furlongs) 6:34 ET, 3:34 PT
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
For the Stronach 5, if a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2019 Paulick Report.