Friday's Stronach 5, a national Pick 5 wager with an industry-low 12-percent takeout, will have a $50,000 guaranteed pool and feature races from Gulfstream Park, Laurel Park and Golden Gate Fields Friday with a total of 57 horses entered.
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool is carried over to the next Friday.
Friday's races and sequence
- Leg One – Laurel Park Ninth Race: (11 horses, 5 ½ furlongs) 4:22 ET, 1:22 PT
- Leg Two –Gulfstream Park Ninth Race: (11 horses, 7 ½ furlongs turf) 4:36 ET, 1:36 PT
- Leg Three –Golden Gate Fields Third Race: (11 horses, 5 furlongs) 4:45 ET, 1:45 PT
- Leg Four – Gulfstream Park Tenth Race: (13 horses, 6 furlongs) 5:06 ET, 2:06 PT
- Leg Five – Golden Gate Fields Fourth Race: (11 horses, 5 ½ furlongs) 5:15 ET, 2:15 PT
If a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2018 Paulick Report.