The Stronach 5, featuring a $100,000 guaranteed pool and industry-low 12-percent takeout, will begin and end on the turf Friday at Gulfstream Park.
The popular wager begins at 4 p.m., with a five furlong optional claimer on the turf featuring 11 fillies and mares. It wraps up at 5 p.m. with a mile claiming event on the grass for fillies and mares. The Stronach 5 will also feature a six furlong sprint from Laurel Park, a 1 1/16 mile event from Golden Gate Fields for 3-year-olds and up, and a mile event on the main track from Gulfstream.
Friday's races and sequence
- Leg One – Gulfstream Park 8th Race: (11 entries, 5 furlongs turf) 4 ET, 1 PT
- Leg Two –Laurel Park 9th Race: (10 entries, 6 furlongs) 4:19 ET, 1:19 PT
- Leg Three – Gulfstream Park 9th Race: (7 entries, 1 mile) 4:30 ET, 1:30 PT
- Leg Four –Golden Gate Fields 3rd Race: (7 entries, 1 1/16 miles) 4:45 ET, 1:45 PT
- Leg Five =- Gulfstream Park 10th Race: (10 entries, 1 mile turf) 5 ET, 2 PT
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
If a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2020 Paulick Report.