Friday's Stronach 5, featuring an industry-low 12-percent takeout, will have a guaranteed pool of $100,000 and races from Gulfstream Park and Laurel Park.
The Stronach 5 will have three races from Gulfstream, including two on the turf, and an allowance optional claimer for 2-year-olds at a mile featuring Juddmonte Farms Inc.'s Toledo and Gelfenstein Farm LLC's Masterday.
The eighth race from Laurel, a seven furlong allowance optional event for 3-year-olds and up, will kick off the Stronach 5 sequence. The Laurel's ninth race, the third leg of the sequence, has a field of eight 3-year-olds and up going 5 ½ furlongs.
Friday's races and sequence
- Leg One – Laurel Park 8th Race: (8 entries, 7 furlongs) 3:52 ET, 12:52 PT
- Leg Two –Gulfstream Park 8th Race: (12 entries, 1 mile turf) 4 ET, 1 PT
- Leg Three –Laurel Park 9th Race: (8 entries, 7 furlongs) 4:22 ET, 1:22 PT
- Leg Four –Gulfstream Park 9th Race: (8 entries, one mile) 4:30 ET, 1:30 PT
- Leg Five –Gulfstream Park 10th Race: (10 entries, 1 1/16 miles turf) 5 ET, 2 PT
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
If a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2020 Paulick Report.