Friday's Stronach 5 will feature five turf races from Laurel Park, Golden Gate Fields and Gulfstream Park with a $100,000 guaranteed pool, industry-low 12-percent takeout, and mandatory payout.
Friday's Stronach 5 begins with two turf races from Laurel – one a $35,000 allowance optional claimer and the other a $40,000 maiden claimer for 3-year-olds and up – before heading to South Florida for a 7 ½ furlong turf event for $62,500 allowance optional claimers. After a mile event at Golden Gate Fields for maiden fillies and mares, the sequence returns and ends at Gulfstream with a 5 furlong event for $50,000 2-year-old maiden filly claimers.
With Laurel Park beginning its annual two-week summer break after Sunday's live program, the Stronach 5 will return Friday, Sept. 6.
Free Past Performances: http://www.laurelpark.com/sites/www.laurelpark.com/files/Stronach_5_8.16.pdf
All-Star Stronach Ticket:
Friday's races and sequence
- Leg One – Laurel Park 8th Race: (11 entries, 5 ½ furlongs turf) 4:53 ET, 1:53 PT
- Leg Two –Laurel Park 9th Race: ( 9 entries, 1 1/16 mile turf) 5:22 ET, 2:22 PT
- Leg Three –Gulfstream Park 8th Race: (11 entries, 7 ½ furlongs turf) 5:29 ET, 2:29 PT
- Leg Four –Golden Gate Fields 4th Race: (8 entries, one mile turf) 6:15 ET, 3:15 PT
- Leg Five –Gulfstream Park 10th Race: (11 entries, 5 furlongs turf) 6:29 ET, 3:29 PT
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
If a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2019 Paulick Report.