Friday's Stronach 5, which concluded with a $20.20 winner at Golden Gate Fields, returned $15,765.50 to five bettors.
There was $89,630 bet into the Stronach 5, a national wager with a guaranteed $50,000 pool and an industry-low 12-percent takeout. The second leg of the Stronach 5 produced a $16.80 winner at Santa Anita in Take a Leap.
Friday's Stronach 5 sequence and winners were:
- Leg One – Gulfstream West Seventh Race Hollywood Overdogs $4.60
- Leg Two – Santa Anita Third Race Take a Leap $16.80
- Leg Three – Gulfstream West Eighth Race Green Mansions $9.60
- Leg Four – Laurel 10th Race Silver Dagger $4.60
- Leg Five – Golden Gate Fifth Race Kid Cantina $20.20
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
For the Stronach 5, if a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2020 Paulick Report.