The Stronach 5, featuring a $50,000 guaranteed pool and industry-low 12-percent takeout, will travel from Maryland to South Florida to California Friday afternoon.
The national pick 5 will offer turf races from Gulfstream Park and Santa Anita Park with the sequence beginning at Laurel Park at 4:35 p.m. with a 10-horse field going a mile and ending at Golden Gate Fields at 5:47 p.m. with eight horses going a mile on the all-weather surface.
Past Performances for Stronach 5: http://www.laurelpark.com/handicapping/stronach-pick-5
Friday's Stronach 5 sequence
- Leg One – Laurel Park 9th Race – (10 horses, one mile) 4:35 ET, 1:36 PT
- Leg Two – Gulfstream Park 9th Race –(9 horses, six furlongs) 4:41 ET, 1:41PT
- Leg Three – Santa Anita 4th Race – (11 horses, 1 1/8th mile turf) 5 ET, 2 PT
- Leg Four – Gulfstream Park 10th Race – (12 horses, 1 1 1/16th miles turf) 5:12 ET, 2:12 PT
- Leg Five – Golden Gate Fields 5th Race – (8 horses, one mile) 5:47 ET, 2:47 PT
Five bettors each received $29,027.90 last week for hitting the Stronach 5. Four bettors each cashed for $29,068.30 on Dec. 28 and 37 players each won $2,916.90 on Dec. 21.
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
For the Stronach 5, if a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2019 Paulick Report.