Friday's Stronach 5, featuring a $100,000 guaranteed pool and industry-low 12-percent takeout, will include two races from Santa Anita Park and Laurel Park and one from Gulfstream Park West.
The sequence kicks off at 4:33 ET with 10 maiden fillies going a mile at Laurel Park. After a six furlong sprint at Gulfstream for maiden fillies, the Stronach 5 heads west for the only turf race of the afternoon – a maiden special weight event at a mile for California-bred or sired 3-year-olds and up. The sequence concludes at Santa Anita with maiden claimers 3-year-olds and up going 5 ½ furlongs.
Friday's races and sequence
- Leg One – Laurel Park 7th Race: (10 entries, one mile) 4:33 ET, 1:33 PT
- Leg Two –Gulfstream Park West 8th Race: (9 entries, 6 furlongs) 4:43 ET, 1:43 PT
- Leg Three –Santa Anita 3rd Race: (7 entries, 1 mile turf) 5:05 ET, 2:05 PT
- Leg Four – Laurel Park 8th Race: (11 entries, 5 ½ furlongs) 5:15 ET, 2:15 PT
- Leg Five – Santa Anita 4th Race: (7 entries, 5 ½ furlongs) 5:40 ET, 2:40 PT
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
If a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2019 Paulick Report.