The Stronach 5, a national Pick 5 with a $50,000 guaranteed pool, returned $3,138.90 to 20 bettors Friday.
The fifth leg of Friday's Stronach 5 became an 'all' when racing was cancelled at Golden Gate Fields due to smoke from nearby wildfires.
There was $70,515 bet into the Stronach 5, which features an industry-low 12-percent takeout.
The winning numbers: 28/7/5/1,6,8,13,14,15,16/all
· Leg One – Laurel Park Eighth Race: Invigorous $8.40
· Leg Two –Gulfstream Park West Eighth Race: C'Era Una Volta $8.40
· Leg Three –Laurel Park Ninth Race: Tonbo $16.20
· Leg Four – Gulfstream Park West Ninth Race: Britesideoftheroad $5.60
· Leg Five – Golden Gate Fields Fourth Race: All
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool is carried over to the following Friday.
For the Stronach 5, if a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5 every Friday.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2020 Paulick Report.