Friday's Stronach 5, featuring races from Gulfstream Park, Laurel Park and Golden Gate Fields and an industry-low 12-percent takeout, will have a $91,081.85 carryover.
The Stronach 5 begins at 3:51 ET with a $33,000 starter optional claimer at Gulfstream for 2-year-old fillies on the turf. The sequence will conclude at 4:54 ET when it returns to the turf at Gulfstream with 3-year-olds and up going 1 1/16 miles.
Friday's Stronach 5 sequence
- Leg One – Gulfstream 6th Race – (11 entries, 7 ½ furlongs turf) 3:51 ET, 12:51 PT
- Leg Two – Laurel Park 8th Race – (8 entries, one mile) 4:10 ET, 1:10 PT
- Leg Three –Laurel Park 9th Race – (10 entries, one mile) 4:40 ET, 1:40 PT
- Leg Four –Golden Gate 3rd Race – (9 entries, one mile) 4:48 ET, 1:48 PT
- Leg Five – Gulfstream Park 8th Race – (11 entries, 1 1 /16 miles turf ) 4:54 ET, 1:54 PT
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
For the Stronach 5, if a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2020 Paulick Report.