Friday's Stronach 5, a national wager with an industry-low 12-percent takeout, will feature a $100,000 guaranteed pool.
The Stronach 5 will crisscross the country from Laurel Park to Gulfstream Park West, back to Laurel and Gulfstream West before the final leg is contested at Golden Gate Fields.
Past performances for Stronach 5: http://www.laurelpark.com/sites/www.laurelpark.com/files/content/sp5_0.pdf
Friday's Stronach 5 sequence
- Leg One –Laurel Park Eighth Race (11 horses, main track) 3:55 ET, 12:55 PT
- Leg Two – Gulfstream Park West Eighth Race (9 horses, main track 4:05 ET, 1:05 PT
- Leg Three – Laurel Park Ninth Race (12 horses, main track) 4:25 ET, 1:25 PT
- Leg Four – Gulfstream Park West Ninth Race (14 horses, 2 AE, turf) 4:38 ET, 1:38 PT
- Leg Five – Golden Gate Fourth Race (10 horses, all-weather) 5:15 ET, 2:15 PT
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 will be $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
The Stronach 5 has provided a good return on investment in prior weeks. Fourteen bettors were rewarded with a $9,888 payoff in September and one bettor took down the entire pool last month for $88,286.
For the Stronach 5, if a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2019 Paulick Report.