The Stronach 5 will feature races Friday from Laurel Park, Santa Anita Park, Gulfstream Park and Golden Gate Fields with three races being contested over the turf.
The Stronach 5, with a $100,000 guaranteed pool and industry-low 12-percent takeout, will kick off with a field of 10 maiden claimers going 5 ½ furlongs at Laurel Park. There will be turf races from Santa Anita Park and Gulfstream Park. Santa Anita's turf race will feature maiden fillies and mares while one of Gulfstream's two turf races will feature allowance optional claimers with a $51,000 purse.
Friday's races and sequence
- Leg One – Laurel Park 8th Race: (10 entries, 5 1/2 furlongs) 3:49 ET, 12:49 PT
- Leg Two –Santa Anita Park 1st Race: (8 entries, 1 mile turf) 4 ET, 1 PT
- Leg Three –Gulfstream Park 8th Race: (8 entries, 5 furlongs turf) 4:06 ET, 1:06 PT
- Leg Four –Golden Gate Fields 3rd Race: (10 entries,1 mile) 4:48 ET, 1:48 PT
- Leg Five –Gulfstream Park 10th race: (9 entries, 1 1/16 miles turf) 5:10 ET, 2:10 PT
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
If a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2020 Paulick Report.