The New York Gaming Commission took the final step toward allowing a jackpot-style Pick 6 wager at NYRA tracks on Monday, reports drf.com, approving a motion to publish the regulations governing the wager.
Currently, NYRA's Pick 6 wager has a $2 minimum bet requirement. The jackpot-style wager, to be called the Empire 6, will utilize a 20-cent minimum, with 75 percent of the wagering pool paid out to multiple winning tickets. The other 25 percent will be carried over into the “jackpot” pool reserved for a single winning ticket-holder.
The earliest the wager could be offered at Saratoga would be Aug. 7.
Read more at drf.com.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2020 Paulick Report.