Friday's Stronach 5, featuring races from Gulfstream Park and Laurel Park, will once again have a guaranteed pool of $100,000 as well as an industry-low 12-percent takeout and free past performances.
Friday's sequence kicks off at 4:50 p.m. with 3-year-olds and up going 5 ½ furlongs at Laurel and will conclude with a 7 ½-furlong turf event at Gulfstream Park for maiden fillies and mares.
Friday's races and sequence
- Leg One – Laurel Park 8th Race: (10 entries, 5 ½ furlongs) 4:50 ET, 1:50 PT
- Leg Two – Laurel Park 9th Race: (9 entries, 6 ½ furlongs) 5:22 ET, 2:22 PT
- Leg Three –Gulfstream Park 7th Race: (12 entries, 7 ½ furlongs turf) 5:28 ET, 2:28 PT
- Leg Four – Gulfstream Park 8th Race: (8 entries, 5 ½ furlongs) 6:02 ET, 3:02 PT
- Leg Five –Gulfstream Park 9th Race: (12 entries, 7 ½ furlongs turf) 6:34 ET, 3:34 PT
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
If a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2019 Paulick Report.