The popular Stronach 5, featuring an industry-low 12-percent takeout and generous payoffs, will feature races Friday from Laurel Park, Gulfstream Park, Santa Anita Park and Golden Gate Fields with a $100,000 guaranteed pool.
The Stronach 5 will begin at 3:49 ET from Laurel Park with a field of nine starter optional claimers going six furlongs. Three of the remaining four races in the sequence will be turf races from Gulfstream and Santa Anita. A field of seven 3-year-old fillies will be featured at Golden Gate at one mile on the all weather surface.
Friday's races and sequence
- Leg One – Laurel Park 8th Race: (9 entries, 6 furlongs) 3:49 ET, 12:49 PT
- Leg Two –Gulfstream Park 8th Race: (12 entries, 1 mile turf) 4:06 ET, 1:06 PT
- Leg Three – Golden Gate Fields 3rd Race: (7 entries, 1 mile) 4:47 ET, 1:47 PT
- Leg Four –Santa Anita Park 3rd Race: (8 entries, 5 ½ furlongs turf) 5:02 ET, 2:02 PT
- Leg Five –Gulfstream Park 10th race: (12 entries, 1 1/16 miles turf) 5:10 ET, 2:10 PT
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
If a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2020 Paulick Report.