New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program has added an online auction to their annual Open Barn and BBQ, which takes place on Friday, April 26, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. The auction opens Thursday, April 18, at noon and includes unique items and experiences. The auction will close at 8 p.m. on Friday, April 26, at the conclusion of the Open Barn and BBQ event. Auction item winners need not be present to win; items will be shipped from New Vocations Kentucky office.
All funds raised from the online auction and the Open Barn and BBQ will go directly toward the rehabbing, retraining and rehoming retiring Thoroughbred and Standardbred racehorses.
Auction items include:
- $175 gift certificate to Le Deauville Bistro
- Zulu Nyala Safari Package for Two, Six Nights
- Private lesson with International Event Rider Nick Larkin
- Autographed American Pharoah Photo
- Private, rare bourbon tasting for 4 at Justin's House of Bourbon
- Tipperary Equestrian Eventer Pro Vest and Sportage Hybrid Helmet
- Pessoa Thermal Reflective Turnout Blanket
- And may more items and experiences
The Open Barn and BBQ begins at 5:30 p.m. (gates open at 5 p.m.) and includes live music, dinner, drinks and an educational demonstration for $40 ($20 for children under 12). Open bar provided by Jackson Family Wines, Tito's Vodka and West Sixth Brewery; other beverages will be provided. Located just 7 miles from the Kentucky Horse Park, the address of New Vocations at Mereworth Farm is 719 Dolan Lane, Lexington.
Proceeds from the event will benefit New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program, a 501 (c) 3 charitable organization. For more information on the auction and to buy tickets to the Open Barn and BBQ, visit newvocations.org
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2020 Paulick Report.