Breeders’ Cup Diaries: Let’s Talk Strategy

  • click above & share!
    X
  • click above & share!
    X


  • click above & share!
    X
  • click above & share!
    X

After a long drive across country that helped raise funds for Breeders’ Cup Charities, the Paulick Report team has arrived at Santa Anita Park in Southern California for the World Championships. In addition to eagerly anticipating Brad Cummings’ performance of the national anthem Friday, Ray Paulick and Scott Jagow are anxious to dig into the past performances of the 15 Breeders’ Cup races. First, though, they need to figure out a betting strategy!

New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry
  • Mee62

    Good advice boys…thanks. I usually advance bet the races and picks i like so if i’m doing bad, i’ve still got the plays in i like the most…many winners to you all.

  • Mee62

    Good advice boys…thanks. I usually advance bet the races and picks i like so if i’m doing bad, i’ve still got the plays in i like the most…many winners to you all.

  • wallyhorse

    In my view, Breeders’ Cup, Ltd. should have seriously looked at postponing this year’s events by one week even if it meant inconveniencing a lot of people who planned to be at the Breeders’ Cup along with possibly having to move the Breeders’ Cup to Hollywood Park at the last minute and even though Superstorm Sandy did not hit anywhere near Santa Anita.  

    Aside from the fact there will be those who think any kind of “party” like the Breeders’ Cup is inappropriate right now, this year’s Breeders’ Cup is looking to take a SEVERE hit in handle because many people in the east (including large chunks of New York City and the surrounding suburbs) are STILL without power and will not get power back until potentially after the Breeders’ Cup has concluded, not to mention such going into next week and potentially playing havoc with the Presidential Election.  

    From what I’m seeing, there is little interest in the Breeders’ Cup this time around as even the NFL, which normally never gets sideswiped is being pushed aside in many cases by continuing coverage of Sandy.  Moving it back one week and possibly even two weeks, while making it tough for horsemen might be in the best interests of the sport as a whole given the extreme and in some cases very dire circumstances people in the east are dealing with right now (and if this Breeders’ Cup had been scheduled for Belmont Park, we would have likely been looking at a 1-2 week postponement and possible move to Aqueduct because of Sandy).

  • wallyhorse

    In my view, Breeders’ Cup, Ltd. should have seriously looked at postponing this year’s events by one week even if it meaning inconveniencing a lot of people who planned to be at the Breeders’ Cup along with possibly having to move the Breeders’ Cup to Hollywood Park at the last minute and even though Superstorm Sandy did not hit anywhere near Santa Anita.  

    Aside from the fact there will be those who think any kind of “party” like the Breeders’ Cup is inappropriate right now, this year’s Breeders’ Cup is looking to take a SEVERE hit in handle because many people in the east (including large chunks of New York City and the surrounding suburbs) are STILL without power and will not get power back until potentially after the Breeders’ Cup has concluded, not to mention such going into next week and potentially playing havoc with the Presidential Election.  

    From what I’m seeing, there is little interest in the Breeders’ Cup this time around as even the NFL, which normally never gets sideswiped is being pushed aside in many cases by continuing coverage of Sandy.  Moving it back one week and possibly even two weeks, while making it tough for horsemen might be in the best interests of the sport as a whole given the extreme and in some cases very dire circumstances people in the east are dealing with right now (and if this Breeders’ Cup had been scheduled for Belmont Park, we would have likely been looking at a 1-2 week postponement and possible move to Aqueduct because of Sandy).

Twitter